About Chai Lifeline
Founded in 1987, Chai Lifeline is dedicated to helping families of seriously ill children cope with the crises and challenges of pediatric illness. We understand that illness impacts everyone in the family, and our programs offer emotional and social support to each member, the sick child, parents and siblings. Two-dozen, year-round, free programs and services create a network of help that begins with the moment of diagnosis and continue for as long as needed.
Chai Lifeline is headquartered in New York City. Regional offices in Lakewood, NJ, Chicago, IL, Miami, FL, and Los Angeles, CA, ensure that families across the country have access to needed programs and services. International affiliates in Israel, Canada, and Great Britain bring Chai Lifeline to the world.
Chai Lifeline’s guiding principles are:
- That seriously ill children need and deserve as happy and normal a childhood as possible;
- That illness affects each member of the family;
- That the well-being of an ill child is impacted by the well-being of his or her family;
- That pediatric illness can have a devastating financial effect on families.
- With this in mind, Chai Lifeline strives to
- Find ways to bring joy to the lives of our young patients and their families through creative, innovative, and effective family-centered programs, activities, and services;
- Engender hope and optimism in children, families, and communities;
- Educate and involve communities in caring for ill children and their families;
- Provide unparalleled support throughout the child’s illness, recovery, and beyond;
- Offer all services free of charge to ensure that every family has access to the programs it needs;
- Build communities among children and families living with illness or loss that allow them to engage, strengthen, and encourage one another.