Our Medical Program
In 2010, Camp Simcha’s new Silber and Scheiner Families Medical Center was inaugurated on the Camp Simcha campus. This new, state-of-the-art facility includes:
- A child-friendly waiting area decorated with custom, farm-themed murals, flooring and ceiling.
- Four private exam rooms, including a fully equipped emergency medical center.
- On-site pharmacy.
- Eight quarantine rooms with beds for camper and counselor and full entertainment console.
- Ground floor physical therapy center.
- Six bathing pavilions for disabled campers with choice of shower or bathtub.
- An acute transport ambulance is on-site and fully staffed at all times. The ambulance accompanies campers on all off-site trips.
- A Medevac helicopter, on call 24/7, can reach camp within five minutes.
- A full medical staff is always on site.
- Specialized physicians (pediatric oncologists during Camp Simcha; pediatric physicians with specialties in emergency medicine and treating chronic illnesses during Camp Simcha Special).
- Emergency Medical Technicicans
- Respiratory therapist
- Physical therapist
- Medication is dispensed by the medical staff. Medication that must be taken at meals is given to children in the dining room, eliminating the need for a trip to the Medical Center.
- Nurses assigned to each division visit children during the camp day. They assess children’s health on playing fields and in bunks so that small challenges do not become larger ones.