Health & Safety
Health and safety are our highest priority. Before children cross the camp gates, our medical directors and head counselors have reviewed their records and developed individual plans for campers. Medical directors communicate with children’s physicians and/or parents where appropriate.
Here’s what you can expect at Camp Simcha and Camp Simcha Special:
- A state-of-the-art medical center prepared for the routines scrapes and bumps of camp life and the highly specialized procedures needed to care for cancer, blood disorders, chronic illness and disabilities.
- Specialized pediatric physicians, nurses, therapists, and EMTs on site 24/7.
- On-site ambulance that accompanies campers on any off-site activities.
- On-call acute transport Medevac helicopter that can reach camp within 5 minutes.
- Facilities for administering chemotherapy on-site.
- A medical program that focuses on camper health. Nurses assigned to each division optimize health care delivery. Physicians and other personnel interact with campers throughout the day outside the medical center and within its child-friendly walls. Campers who must be quarantined for any reason stay together with their counselors in sunny rooms equipped with entertainment options. Camp specialists often bring camp to them, stopping by with crafts projects, music, and special performances by visiting artists.
Camp Simcha is a member of the Children’s Oncology Camping Association International (COCA-I) and is accredited by the American Camp Association.